Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hot Chocolate and catching up

Salut!  I hope everyone's holidays were wonderful.  Today, it is a pretty chilly day so when I came home from work the first thing I wanted was hot chocolate.  I recently have been experimenting with putting extra yummy ingredients in my hot chocolate to make it taste better because in my opinion, it's usually pretty bland.  Some of the ingredients may sound strange but try them and you may surprise yourself.  
  • sea salt
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • honey or agave nectar
  • caramel
  • instant coffee, I use decaf
  • cayenne pepper
  • marshmallows
 Yum!
 In other news, in November, my Hubby and I went to a local state park.  I wish we went earlier so that we could have hiked more but I still managed to get some pretty nice pictures. My favorite picture was this one of the water.  I love the way the water looks like a silk blanket almost. 
 I like this one b/c it shows the brilliant blue the water was that day.
 I like this one b/c it shows how the tree is twisting.  It reminded us of our honeymoon b/c at the Grand Canyon the Juniper trees twist like this.
 I like this one b/c I love seeing the obvious depth perception with the sidewalk and I like how it is wavy.
My last picture is of a deer.  I took many pictures of a whole family of deer.  I think there were seven.  I spent at least 20 minutes taking pictures of them until some loud kids came and scared them away.  I find it kind of irritating when I'm in a quiet place like a state park and I hear loud people.  I like to take pictures and it is very difficult to do so when there are loud people around.  I also don't find the park as peaceful either as a result.  Part of the reason I like going to parks is just to relax and calm myself.

Lastly, I hope everyone has a wonderful new year.  I just have a couple of goals because I try not to set myself up for failure.  I feel most people do because their goals are too vague and they have too many of them.  My first goal is to gain more confidence in myself.  That will be measurable by how I do in future interviews.  Another goal is to knit more from my stash and more from my knitting/crochet books.  I guess that will be measured by whether I buy more yarn or books.  I have quite a bit of both and I reallllly don't want anymore.  I also hate seeing all of the yarn I have.  Well, thank you for reading.  Perhaps I'll make it a point to blog more.  We'll see.  Adios!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment