Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What Running Does for Me

The hat says Chocloholic.  : )
Hello!  I haven't blogged in a while.  Not much to say but I was thinking of my blog this past weekend on my train ride home from Chicago.  This past weekend I ran the Hot Chocolate race in Chicago.  It was quite delectable.  I ran a 5k (3.2 miles) and then afterward I was given chocolate fondue  and hot chocolate with marshmallows all while being able to see beautiful downtown Chicago.  Combining two of my favorite loves, Chicago and chocolate, made for a good day.  Next year, my goal is to run the 15k (9 miles) for the Hot Chocolate race.  Currently, my goal is to run through the winter outside which is a great challenge in of itself.  I really don't want to lose what I have gained in the past few months.  Right now I am able to run for about an hour (about 6 miles).  I don't want to start all over again.  I have no desire to run a half marathon or a marathon but who knows how I feel as I rack up the miles.  Anyway, the point of talking about this is to tell you how proud I am of myself and my running.  The main reason I decided to run was for the health benefits.  I want to take care of my body.  It's the only one I get.  How about all of you?  Do you take care of your body?  I'm glad to say I do more than most people nowadays.


Food for thought.  I read that if you expect something to happen a certain way, and then it doesn't, you will no doubt be disappointed.  I've really noticed this lately.  For example, I may expect my husband to do the laundry since it is his day off and then I come home to find he has not, then I get mad.  If I didn't expect it, then I would not be mad.  Of course if he did do the laundry I would be pleasantly surprised.  As a result of reading about this, I've tried not to expect things.  It is a very difficult task b/c I think most of us do this on a daily basis without realizing it.  When it comes to work, we always expect people to do their jobs.  You can remove your expectations but still have consequences for people not doing their job.  Removing your expectations just removes the emotional part. 

I hope that makes sense.  Au revior!

No comments:

Post a Comment