Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Fall Equinox

Today was a wonderful day.  It's the first day of autumn.  My husband and I went to the apple orchard and got all sorts of wonderful goodies.  Fall is definitely my favorite time of year b/c of the harvest.  It is one of the reasons why I like being in the Midwest.  I wouldn't be able to celebrate the harvest the way I do now.  I love seeing the combines harvest the corn and soy.  I love going to the pumpkin patch and orchard.  I love corn mazes.  I love the smell of the corn fields.  Yes, they have a smell.  One of the best smells in the world.  Anyway, I love the area I live and I wish people would appreciate all of those things more rather than focus on the cold weather that we go through.  Yes, it's kind of a pain, especially if you drive in it, but I have found that if you dress for the weather, it's not so bad and I don't mind knitting myself up a scarf to keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment